- The Nakano Thrift Shop by Hiromi Kawakami: I rated this one like 2/5 on the Goodreads scale because it was boring number 1, and number 2, it had hints of sexual abuse with minors which was a no no in my book. Moving on.
- White Christmas Wedding by Celeste Winters: I rated this book like a 3/5 because it was better than my last one I tried but still I found it way boring and too rustic for my taste. I’m a city girl. I stick with what I know best.
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: So, I rated this one about a 3.5 if I could on the Goodreads scale because it was great until it wasn’t. I found it lacking in what I really like in a book. Romance. Intrigue. Something that isn’t totally creepy. And this book definitely has the creepy factor to it. And not in a good way either.
- The Cottage on Rose Lane by Hope Ramsay: I felt like this book was a solid 3/5 on the Goodreads scale. It was okay. But I wasn’t in love with it. Anyone who knows me knows I’m a picky reader and I only like certain things these days. It wasn’t bad. But it wasn’t my taste either.
- Puppy Love by Lucy Gilmore: This one wasn’t bad either persay, but it wasn’t great. I found myself bored and I found that (spoiler alert!) something happened to the dog that it was about and I was devastated. It turns out okay in the end but there was way too much drama and whatnot for my taste. And things happening to cute little puppies in books is also a big no no for me.
Well, that’s it for my DNF list for this week. We’ll see how picky I am this upcoming week. Hopefully not too picky. Anywho, see you guys around. -Caroline